Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not Working?
Having a mobile hotspot is crucial these days, especially if you make a living through the Internet. It allows you to connect to the Internet with a device (such as a phone) when WiFi isn’t available. You can use the WiFi feature to share your Internet connection with other devices using a mobile hotspot. Despite being very convenient, hotspots can cause problems connecting to the Internet if there are configuration errors.
Is there a hotspot in Windows 10?
Windows 10 comes with a Wi-Fi hotspot, but it’s not enabled by default. If you’re seeing a message that says, “We can’t set up a Wi-Fi hotspot on your Windows 10 PC,” there are some easy tweaks you may be able to do that will resolve the issue. Before we get into those, just double-check that the WiFi connection you want to use is working by testing another device.
You have an Internet connection, but you can’t access your mobile hotspot. How can you fix this?
Solution 1- Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter as a first step-
Open the Troubleshoot settings by typing Troubleshoot in the search bar of your PC.
Select ‘Network Adapter’ from the right pane and click ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
3. The PC will then begin checking for possible errors and may detect the problem.
Solution 2- The second solution is to update the drivers
Many issues in Windows 10 can be caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. To update the driver, open Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager by typing it in the search box.
2. Go to the Network Adapters section.
3. Right-click your Network Adapter from the list.
4. Choose Update driver from the menu
5. After the update is complete, reboot your PC.
Make sure your mobile hotspot is working.
Solution 3- Change the adapter settings
1. Open your PC’s Mobile Hotspot settings.
2. Go to Network and Internet by pressing Win+I.
3. Select Mobile Hotspot from the left pane.
4. Click on Change Adapter Options under Related Settings.
5. Right-click your mobile hotspot adapter and select Properties.
6. Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” on the Sharing tab.
If this doesn’t fix your mobile hotspot in Windows 10 not working issue, you may need to tweak the Windows registry.
Solution 4. Check Registry System
There are many situations where issues with the registry can occur. When entries in the registry get changed, those entries will affect the way programs work and many other things on your computer.
1. Open Registry Editor by typing Regedit in the Start menu. Right-click and select Run as Administrator. Locate the following registry key: HostedNetworkSettings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWlanSvcParameters
2. In the right pane, right-click on HostedNetworkSettings and select Delete.
The final word
When your mobile hotspot in Windows 10 doesn’t work, these are some of the fixes that can help alleviate the issue. Hotspots are great for on-the-go users, but if you can’t connect when you need to, they aren’t useful. If your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot isn’t working properly, try these fixes.
You can trust Soft4os for its integrity and honest business practices if you are searching for a software company. In addition to being a Microsoft Certified Partner, we are a BBB Accredited Business and are committed to providing our customers with reliable, satisfying software products. We will be there for you during, and after the sale.
READ MORE – How to Fix Your Keyboard Not Working in Windows 10